TransportationCamp Baltimore is back for a second year! Join us on Saturday, May 18th at the University of Baltimore Merrick School of Business for a transportation unconference lead by attendees (you!). Our objective is to bring a more inclusive and engaging forum about transportation to the people who use, plan, design, build, advocate for, hack, or just feel passionate about transportation.
9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. — Doors Open for Registration and Breakfast
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. — Welcome and Introductions
11:00 a.m. to noon — Session 1
12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. — Session 2
1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. — Lunch
2:45 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. — Session 3
4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. — Session 4
5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. — Camp Wrap-up
5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. — Happy Hour at Motor House
Register here or at tcbal19.eventbrite.com.
Get on the wait list for sponsored tickets by signing up here: eepurl.com/ggSwEj
Sponsored tickets will be distributed as available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Getting to Camp
The University of Baltimore’s Merrick School of Business is located at 11 West Mt. Royal Avenue at the corner of Charles Street and Mt. Royal Avenue, just one block south of Penn Station!
- If you’re traveling from points along the east coast, take Amtrak to Baltimore’s Penn Station; Boltbus also serves the Maryland Avenue bridge one block west of Penn Station.
- If you’re traveling from the greater Washington DC or Baltimore regions, take the MARC Penn Line to Penn Station or MTA Light RailLink to Penn or Mt. Royal Stations.
- If you’re traveling locally you can take Metro SubwayLink to State Center and walk over; take Light RailLink to Mt. Royal and walk over; or take CityLinks Yellow, Lime, Green, or Silver, LocalLinks 51 or 53, or the Charm City Circulator’s free Purple Route, all of which serve the bus stops at the Charles/St. Paul - Preston/Biddle intersections, which are just a block from the venue.
- Plenty of on-street parking and parking garages are available near the venue. Parking fees vary.
You don’t have to wait until camp to engage with the TransportationCamp Baltimore community. Get social with us!
A Few Tips
Dress code: No need for suits, ties, or dresses – tasteful casual dress is fine!
Internet access: The University of Baltimore’s Merrick School of Business has free guest wifi – we’ll provide connection details as you arrive.
Presentation tips: Session rooms may contain white boards, A/V equipment, etc., but come prepared with your own laptop, flash drive, or other materials necessary for your proposed session.
First time camping?: Check out How Transportation Camp Works: The Essential Guide for a quick introduction.
- Young Professionals in Transportation Baltimore Chapter - Camp Organizer
- Bike & Brunch Tours - Reception Organizer
- Tidemore Group - Media Partner
TransportationCamp Baltimore is possible thanks to these organizing partners and individual volunteers who represent communities in the Baltimore region as well as diverse transportation interests.
We are looking for volunteers to help on the day of. Volunteers receive free registration! Contact email@example.com to learn about volunteer opportunities.
Camp is made possible thanks to these generous 2019 sponsors!