The 3rd Annual TransportationCamp New England will be held on Saturday, April 9, 2016.
Following on the success of last year’s event, TransportationCamp New England 2016 will continue to foster open conversation and collaboration between all parties interested in mobility and the radical changes the near-future promises in transportation.
Our goal is to assemble planners, dreamers, programmers, students, and professionals for an exciting day of “un-conferencing.” Unlike a traditional conference, the specific session topics are determined by participants, which provides each attendee an opportunity to lead and shape the event. Therefore, we want to see what you are doing; we want to ask how it will impact our lives; and we want to help you to find answers.
TransportationCamp New England 2016 will be hosted on the MIT campus at the Stata Center.
Stata Center, Main Floor
32 Vassar Street
Cambridge, MA 02139
Located two blocks west of the Kendall T station (Red Line) and between several garages, the Stata Center is easily accessible by car or public transit, parking information and directions from the T are available here.
Things To Know
If you’re joining us at TransportationCamp NYC 2015, here are a few things you’ll want to know about the event:
- Dress code: It’s an unconference—tasteful casual is fine!
- Internet access: Free Wi-Fi will be available in all event spaces—we’ll have more information when you check in.
- Presentation pointers: Many of the breakout rooms are equipped with a projector, so if you’re thinking of proposing a session and you’d like to present, bring a laptop. We’ll supply a VGA cable; we will bring as many adaptors as possible, but you sould bring an adaptor for VGA if your laptop needs one just in case. Most breakout rooms will also have a chalkboard.
- First time at an unconference?: Check out How TransportationCamp works: the essential guide for a quick introduction!
Registration for TransportationCamp NE 2016 is now open! Please Click Here to register. If you have any questions, reach out at TranspoCamp@camsys.com or @TranspoCampNE. You can also like us on Facebook.
Media and Sponsorship Inquiries: Please contact TranspoCamp@camsys.com.
- 8:00AM-9:00AM - Doors open & Registration
- 9:00AM-10:30AM - Welcome Session (Stata 32-123)
- 10:45AM-11:45AM - First breakout session (in classrooms)
- 12:00PM-1:00PM - Second breakout session (in classrooms)
- 1:00PM-2:00PM - Lunch
- 2:15PM-3:15PM - Third breakout session (in classrooms)
- 3:30PM-4:30PM - Fourth breakout session (in classrooms)
- 4:30PM - Closing and Adjourn to happy hour at Firebrand Saints, sponsored by Young Professionals in Transportation
We will use Hackpad to take collaborative notes throughout the day. We encourage you to bring your computer and take notes during sessions that you attend so that everyone can go back and review even if they missed a session. We will update the hackpad after sessions have been selected, but click here to see the initial link.
With Assistance From
TransportationCamp New England 2016 is organized by Cambridge Systematics, in partnership with Mobility Lab, MIT, and the Boston Chapter of Young Professionals in Transportation.