If you’re into transportation, now’s the time to engage, and the TransportationCampPGH unconference, November 6 is the place to do it.
About this event
We’re back for 2021 and (for now*) in person! Won’t you join us for the transportation enthusiast’s event of the year?
Where do I sign up?
Register and learn more at tcamppgh.eventbrite.com.
What is TransportationCamp Anyway?
TransportationCamp is an unconference bringing together transportation professionals, technologists, and others interested in the intersection of urban transportation and technology.
Transportation is a major metropolitan issue, with direct impacts on economic strength, environmental sustainability, and social equity. Recent advances in technology—mobile computing, open source software, open data and APIs, and spatial analysis—present an opportunity to improve mobility more immediately and at a lower cost than has ever been possible in the past.
We know that you have thoughts about this, how transportation can be better, and TransportationCampPGH is your place to bring them. All possibilities about the future of mobility are up for grabs, and your ideas - big and small - will power the conversation. Come share with like-minded, leading thinkers and doers who are revolutionizing the transportation field in Western PA and beyond. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find some new friends to move your idea forward.
What’s an unconference?
An unconference is really a people-powered event. You have the ideas, we group them together into sessions. Then we tell you where the sessions will be and people join the ones that interest them the most.
Do I need to be an expert? How prepared should I be?
We welcome experts, but really you just need to care about transportation issues or be nerds about it like us. Do your homework. Or don’t. The important thing is that you bring your ideas and enthusiasm, and engage! Each session is a conversation, not talking heads. Sessions range from informal discussions to full-blown presentations.
- 9:00 AM – Check-in/Registration opens
- 9:15 AM - 10:00 – Brainstorm at the Board! (And run-of-day instructions)
- 10:15 AM - 11:05 AM - Breakout Session 1
- 11:15 AM – 12:05 PM – Breakout Session 2
- 12 Noon - Check-in/registration closes
- 12:05 PM – 1:30 PM – Lunch on your own
- 1:40 PM – 2:30 PM - Breakout Session 3
- 2:40 PM – 3:30 PM – Breakout Session 4
- 3:30 – 4:00 PM - Closing remarks & what’s next
TCampPGH 2021 Host Committee:
- Ashley Cox, evolveEA Architecture::Planning
- Courtney Ehrlichman, Panasonic Smart Mobility
- Zaheen Hussain, Carnegie Mellon University, Heinz College
- Chris Jaros, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- Stephanie Kambic, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
- Breen Masciotra, Port Authority of Allegheny County
- Peter Quintanilla, Michael Baker International
- Chris Sandvig, Mobilify Southwestern Pennsylvania
- Josh Spano, Southwestern Pennsylvania Commission
* TransportationCampPGH is closely monitoring all regional covid-19 developments including the virus’s resurgence, and local/state/federal guidance and mandates and our host’s covid-19 protocols. Based upon future guidance, the format of TCampPGH 2021 may be adjusted or revert to the 2020 virtual format.
Follow @TranspoCampPGH. For more information about TransportationCampPGH 2021, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.