If you’re into transportation, now’s the time to engage, and the TransportationCampPGH unconference, November 12 is the place to do it.
About this event
We’re back for 2022 in person! Won’t you join us for the transportation enthusiast’s event of the year?
Where do I sign up?
Register and learn more at tcamppgh.org.
What is TransportationCamp Anyway?
TransportationCamp is an unconference bringing together transportation professionals, technologists, and others interested in the intersection of urban transportation and technology.
Transportation is a major metropolitan issue, with direct impacts on economic strength, environmental sustainability, and social equity. Recent advances in technology—mobile computing, open source software, open data and APIs, and spatial analysis—present an opportunity to improve mobility more immediately and at a lower cost than has ever been possible in the past.
We know that you have thoughts about this, how transportation can be better, and TransportationCampPGH is your place to bring them. All possibilities about the future of mobility are up for grabs, and your ideas - big and small - will power the conversation. Come share with like-minded, leading thinkers and doers who are revolutionizing the transportation field in Western PA and beyond. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find some new friends to move your idea forward.
What’s an unconference?
An unconference is really a people-powered event. You have the ideas, we group them together into sessions. Then we tell you where the sessions will be and people join the ones that interest them the most.
Do I need to be an expert? How prepared should I be?
We welcome experts, but really you just need to care about transportation issues or be nerds about it like us. Do your homework. Or don’t. The important thing is that you bring your ideas and enthusiasm, and engage! Each session is a conversation, not talking heads. Sessions range from informal discussions to full-blown presentations.
A more detailed schedule is to follow soon. Expect several breakout sessions, engaging activities, and more. Food and drink will be provided.
TCampPGH 2022 Host Committee:
- Ashley Cox, evolveEA Architecture: Planning
- Elijah Hughes, evolveEA Architecture: EcoDistricts
- Zaheen Hussein, Carnegie Mellon University
- Breen Masciotra, AICP, EcoDistricts AP
- Ryan Warsing, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Peter Quintanilla, Michael Baker International
- Chris Sandvig, Mobilify Southwestern Pennsylvania
* TransportationCampPGH is closely monitoring all regional covid-19 developments including the virus’s resurgence, and local/state/federal guidance and mandates and our host’s covid-19 protocols. Based upon future guidance, the format of TCampPGH 2022 may be adjusted or revert to the 2020 virtual format.
Follow @TranspoCampPGH. For more information about TransportationCampPGH 2022, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.